Saturday, December 31, 2016

Awesome Gifts





                After the book sale had started last month, I was drawn to two books in particular.  One was a hard bound and the other softbound.  The softbound was an art book that outlined some popular artists and gave a synopsis of their style and background perhaps . . . I hadn't actually investigated through it thoroughly.  The book was in great condition and a subject I knew Roland would be familiar with.  


         
          The hard bound had originally been published in 1963, but I purchased the 18th edition published in 1971.  Same pictures and cover as the original edition I would imagine.  I wondered if one of my granddaughters might like it, but as  I viewed the many naked pictures inside, I thought of Jenna who loves to color.  So I purchased it for her. 

          In each book I had written my reason for giving the book.  I'd forgotten that Jenna has not learned to read cursive. 




        I have tried to teach her and she did manage to get through most of it.  Jenna generally expresses pleasure about each gift she receives. I'm very grateful for Jenna's enthusiasm about all of her gifts. 

          I made the DVDs to Jenna from Roland, but signed just my name to the Bop-it.  I think that and the binoculars were her absolutely favorite gifts.  She actually seemed the most excited having opened the binoculars, but she has spent more time with the Bop-it than any other gift. Her high score right now is 72.   


          Roland LOVED his book and had actually spent a few hours going through it on Christmas day. I am so pleased to have given him something which he truly enjoys.  I'm happy that both like the gifts from me.

          I was surprised by the gifts that were from Jenna and Roland.  Each was a surprise except for one.  I had picked out the CD when I was with Roland and purchased it right then.  I put it under the tree unwrapped, but Jenna wrapped it.   





           I had actually picked out the slippers and shirt, but had forgotten about them and was surprised that they had been purchased.  Especially the slippers which I have lived in since Christmas day.  The soul has  "Let's Stay In" printed on the bottom.  The biggest surprise was Jenna's favorite.  My favorite candy bar is Twix.  I had no idea that it was sold by the yard.  Have not opened yet as I have had way too much sugar and need a break from the sweets.

No comments:

Post a Comment