Thursday, September 10, 2026

Happy Anniversary

          On Tuesday Richard cut his finger. We took him to the Veterans’ clinic where he received treatment.

          He had been in a hurry and the saw had grazed his bone.  He did not have to have stitches.

          I had offered to take food to a member of our ward though I had forgotten.  I should have set an alarm to remind me.

          I received a message from another when Richard and I were finishing up our celebratory meal.

          My phone does not tell me what time the text was sent but rather what time it was opened by me.  How lame is that?

          I had opened upon receiving but evidently it had been sent at least 20 minutes before I received it. 

          Long enough for the other (who was dropping off the food to me and I would take it the rest of the way – for she didn’t know where he lived and is having financial issues.  The one receiving the meal lives off grid and signal is lost before one is even halfway to his house from the exit) to deliver the meal herself.  So she was out of pocket when I called her back.

          Richard was told to take it easy.  He wasn’t sure whether he had the strength to vendor or not.  He had changed his mind twice within the hour.

          The truck wouldn’t start.  A sign to stay home and take it easy.  I would not allow Richard in the shed to work on projects or in the kitchen to bake. 

          He was told to keep his finger elevated.  I told him to stay on the couch and not work.

          Such a man child.  We went to the movies just before 5:00.  Celebrated our wedding anniversary watching “Coyote vs. Acme”.  I liked it.  Much much better than Roger Rabbit.

          Today Richard worked in the shed.  NOT taking it easy despite my advice.  He got sick and worn out.

          Too many reminders of love and pain.



No comments:

Post a Comment