Wednesday, October 2, 2024

Teacher’s Training

           When I was in primary I remember a class that was given to the instructors once a month – at least it seemed it was once a month and somewhere along the line that changed to once a quarter.  I loved that class.  I wish it had been better attended.  I guess some classes were well attended.  The ones I had attended were not.  I guess that’s why it dwindled.  A couple of years ago the class was offered on a Saturday morning with breakfast as an insentive.  One of these classes was offered the last Saturday in September.

          Our second counselor drives 45 minutes from Tiller.  He walked in a few minutes late and was wearing sports shorts and a baseball cap.  I wasn’t offended in any way, but thought it odd.  He then got up to teach and told us to grab some doughnuts and he would return in just a few.  When he returned he was dressed as he normally is on Sunday and introduced the lesson with “dressing for the role to be taken seriously” . . . he then asked a few of us about our garden, job, week, etc.  and proceeded to give a really great lesson.  Reminders to come prepared and have a backup just in case.

          On Sunday I was on my way to church and accepted an assignment to teach a primary class.  I looked over the lesson about ten minutes before hand and adapted some of the things I had learned the morning prior.  It went well for me.  I still don’t miss being in primary.  I do enjoy being in Relief Society.

No comments:

Post a Comment