Tuesday, April 23, 2013

I Want to Live in Tannersville


I love the neighborhoods that surround my daughter’s school.  I so wish that we could afford to move there.  Even out of state would be nice.  But then I would miss my sister.  I’m already missing my brother, Corey. 
Roland is committed to work his current job for at least another three years and there is only one other state we could transfer to – which would actually put us closer to his family.  But as that state is so hot and dry, I’d just assume stay put.
I like living in close knit communities where most all of the neighbors know and respect one another and are friendly and cordial.  And I’d love being around neighbors with children whom Jenna could play with and feel comfortable.
I highly suspect that the housing across the street is a section 8 (which I think I may have mentioned before) It hasn’t even been a year since Sandra and her four children moved in.  She’s diabetic and on insulin as well as welfare.  Doesn’t have a car.  But I don’t imagine that she’s ever had a driver’s license either. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer – if you get my drift.
I suspect illegal activity at her place – though I don’t think she herself is involved.  It used to be that only a handful of cars would come and go giving various people rides.  But for the last two months it has been LOTS of cars – nice cars.  A couple of cars have been in the driveway overnight.  But the majority have been there for less than twenty minutes.  Sandra is a great candidate if ever they need a fall guy.  She has no clue nor would even know how to go about defending herself.
I don’t want Jenna raised along side that.  I’d rather have back the ghost neighborhood that it was when we first moved in.  I want to live in Maybury – where the worst crime is the steel outside of town.  Or the town drunk who allows himself to be locked up every night so that he doesn’t commit a more serious crime.
I’d like to be able to park my car or Jenna’s bike without worrying about vandalism or theft – or having the idea that my neighbors (or their associates – whoever) are involved in narcotics or prostitution. I’d like to be able to let Jenna ride her bike or scooter around without having to follow her in the event that somebody will do her harm.  I’d like to go back to my childhood days when I was quite naïve and didn’t know crime on a first hand account.

No comments:

Post a Comment