Wednesday, January 1, 2014

My Life as a Ball





My body is sooooo sore and has been for a few days.  I feel like I’ve been used as a ping-pong ball by two very expertise players.  But of course I could never be used as a ping-pong ball.


A bowling ball maybe.  And not one of those shiny ones that glide smoothly down the lane to shatter pins.




I would be one of those dust collectors that has a flaw so that there is no speed involved whatsoever.  Or perhaps I feel like the pin that has been hit over and over.



Beach balls, though big, are light and airy and can pop quite easily.  I am thin-skinned and have cut my fingers peeling back egg shells (on occasion)



I could never be a basketball or rubber ball or super ball.  I have no bounce – though I may have had at one time.  I’ve long since outgrew my ability to bounce.




I suppose I could be a soccer ball that’s been kicked too many times



Or pool ball that’s been poked and prodded. 




You ever experience body pain a few days after you’ve come down with a cold?  You ache all over. That is how I feel – except no cold.  At least not in the body.

It’s been below freezing - in most of the nation it seems.  I think that has contributed to my soreness – along with my unstable bed and body weight.  Plus I haven’t been walking to the bus stop on a daily basis.  I haven’t been trudging through snow or climbing.

The air is gunky right now.  I don’t want to go outside and get that in my lungs.  I suppose I could walk in place within the house.  I’d rather take a bath in Ben Gay.



I could be a medicine ball.  Heavy.  Kind of soft.  I don’t think I’m therapeutic however.



I should work at being an exercise ball and assist others if not myself.



Tomorrow we get our new bed base.  I think that will help ease the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment