Friday, January 10, 2014

Not in January




 
The other day I took
off my hat and gloves
shortly after I boarded
the bus. 

I put them back on just
before I exited the bus. 
At least I thought I did.

I made my way from the
bus stop to
Jenna’s classroom. 

While I waited I once again
removed my hat and gloves –
oops - glove. 



How is it I had only
one glove on.  Why hadn’t
my hand mentioned to me
that it wasn’t covered? 

I looked around the area
where I was standing. 
I must have lost it
somewhere along the way. 
Weird.

So yesterday I kicked the
snow in a few areas where
I could see color. 
No pink glove but a lot
of fall autumn leaves.



                          Most of the trees stand
naked outlined in the snow. 
But there are actually a few with
leaves still clinging to the branches. 




I don’t think I’ve ever seen
autumn leaves in January. 
Not real ones. 
And some still had their
crunch even beneath
the soggy snow. 

I find that fascinating!



kfralc

1 comment:

  1. Jenna found my other glove yesterday. Someone had stuck it through a fence. Still can't figure out where I lost it. Grateful to have it back.

    ReplyDelete