Thursday, November 24, 2016

My classes seem intertwined this week.




          I have been pretty good about figuring out the topic for the class discussions and have usually done by initial post on Monday.  I usually look at the assignment before the lecture, but seemed to have failed on looking at my history assignment in detail.  We are required to do a power point which usually wouldn't be a big deal, but Jenna is off from school this week and I hate leaving her alone, but I am required to have references.  Searching for articles, and creating cites is always so time consuming.  It steals away time, not just from me, but from my family.

          Lectures are on Monday, which has also taken away from family time - though I don't have to be at the live session.  I can always watch or rewatch the recordings.  My history instructor, thus far, has taken two hours to present the material - though the first hour is generally review on what I think I already understand.  At least she presents the material with passion, and I enjoy listening to her.  I have enjoyed most all of the required lectures I have watched (or listened to) with the exception of my professor from MAN103 - that was tough.  And there was a lot of review and less focus about what was to be expected of that particular week.

          I decided I would do my power point on immigration and transportation, specifically the steamboat and the train - show the evolution of product made in textile mills and other factories could use transportation for their materials, but new inventions for transportation created new jobs as well.

          Everyday this week I have opened five management files with the intention of reading, and each day I forget that they're there.  Tuesday I worked on my power point for history and did not give my management class a second thought.  Yesterday I made comments to both discussion posts.  In the history discussion we are to post on conditions now and then.  One of my peers left a comment about communication.  I think if I had not already turned in my power point focusing on transportation, I might have changed it to communication - which would have created more unnecessary work on my part.  I really do like history.  Roland enjoys it too and actually stayed for part of the lecture.

           The topic in MAN104 is on marketing shoes.   I have made it no secret that I don't like business nor am I interested in learning business techniques or marketing skills.  I do enjoy MAN104 better than I did MAN103.  The instructor holds my attention and answers my questions.  She also grades my discussion after I have made the initial post and two comments.  That is nice. 

          I have finished my assignment but have not turned it in as I am looking for Roland's input on my concluding thoughts - which feel like they're in limbo right now.  But perhaps if I can look at it again it will make more sense to me.  Right now I just want to focus on this day and not worry about my classes.  I plan to take the assessments tomorrow. 

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment