Friday, February 1, 2013

What’s Up With All the Shoes?




          I noticed that mom had two shoe caddies hanging over her bathroom door.  Each of the two caddies was nearly filled with shoes – so I’m guessing she had at least 20 pair – perhaps 24 with the shoes which had been sent to assisted living with her.

          So I put one caddie in Jenna’s room (she doesn’t have twelve pair of shoes, but I believe more than six) and one in my room.  I was able to put in three pair.  Really?  That’s all I have?  I don’t think so.  I still haven’t come across the other pair however.

          And then on Sunday I went to retrieve my Sunday shoes and discovered holes in the bottom of each shoe.  Church was about to start.  I suppose I could have worn my boots.  But I wore the pair with holes in the heal and asked about my mom’s shoes.

          I’m actually the only one who would be able to wear them as I am the only one who has smaller feet.  So I understand why so many of my mom’s shoes looked like they had never even been worn.  They were tight on me.  So what the heck was she doing with them?

          I think I tried on almost every single pair of shoes.  I don’t think I took even half of them.  But I did get something for Sunday.

          Jenna and I took Highness for a walk last night.  My feet got wet beneath my boots.  Looks like I may be making a trip to the shoe store anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment