Thursday, September 22, 2022

Farewell My Sleep, Look Forward to Your Return

          Biff and Clair arrived late Tuesday afternoon and started unloading all that they brought.  All of us were so tired by the end of the night.  Whenever I take a sleep aid I only take half a dose but chose to take the full dose as I expected there would be sounds I wasn’t accustomed to.  I was right.  Oh, my gosh.  A humidifier?  A sleep aide?  Something that vibrated with weird fairy music and rain.  I had heard the rain coming from Jaime’s room many a time as she would turn it on to drown out the roosters.  But there wasn’t the load vibrating hum or annoying music.  What was that?  And was it playing moose sounds? Or was that one of the dogs? 

         I woke up at 1:30.  I doubt I returned to sleep.  I remember getting up just after three.  I was still really tired but my knees needed to bend and the positions I had tried within the bed (in addition to the machine that in reality was quieter than the generator) I finally got up and did not return to be until almost five thirty.  It’s going to be a lllllooooonnnnggg time before I am able to get another good night’s rest.

    I did sleep better last night than on Wednesday.  The air purifier or whatever it is wasn't as loud and no stupid chimed sounds to accompany the other noises. I notice that as the sun starts to rise and other sounds are present I don't notice the sounds from next door.

No comments:

Post a Comment