Saturday, May 13, 2023

A Beggar Named Lazarus

         When Christ shared parables the “characters” were servants, sons, a certain man and so forth.  In the parable found in Luke 16:20 the beggar in the parable has a name.  I don’t know that I would have even thought anything about it if it hadn’t been pointed out.  The poor man was given a name but the rich man (verse 19) remained nameless. According to Google the name Lazarus means God has helped. 

     This was one of the parables that we had covered in Sunday School last week. We also discussed the “gulf” more in depth as we read the footnote which referred us to 1Nephi 15: 28-30 which explains in part Lehi’s vision and that the “gulf” separates the wicked in the spacious building from those holding on to the iron rod.

     I am fascinated with the interpretation of parables and placing myself into each role of the characters as I age and relate to the story differently than I had the first time.  There was quite a lot of participation and the lesson was really good.  I so do enjoy Sunday School now.  There was a time when I didn’t.

      I am so grateful for the “Come Follow Me” program and the many who have shared their talents through podcasts and videos.  I have been viewing things in a whole new light and I love that I feel growth within myself.

Kindly Light by Simon Dewey



No comments:

Post a Comment