Wednesday, June 21, 2023

What I Don’t Miss and Gratefulness

It’s been a week since Biff and his clan moved out and we brought Jaime home. 

I don’t miss having the washing machine and dryer going constantly

I’m grateful for the quiet.

I don’t miss their car in our driveway when I’m backing out

I am grateful to have more width.

I don’t miss the open butters on top of paper wrapping near the toaster.

I’m grateful that Richard and Jaime know how to use the butter dish.

I don’t miss seeing open doors revealing what look like storage closets instead of bedrooms

I’m grateful her college experience has taught Jaime to keep up a tidy appearance in her room  and not the sty that Biff and Claire vacuumed only once a month – if that.

I don’t miss the long showers that each of them would take.

I’m grateful to have hot water when I just need to wash my hands.

I don't miss the procrastination or seeing them waste time.

I'm grateful that we all keep the same hours - early risers.

I don’t miss their weird food or searching for things or duplications of open items

I am grateful that we are all more observant and less wasteful.

I don’t miss the constant disappearance of dishes

I am grateful to have a dishwasher and dishes to wash.

I don’t miss Ally’s loud voice and obliviousness toward other household members.

I am grateful for the quiet.

I am so grateful that they finally have their own place.  

I'm certain that they are too.


No comments:

Post a Comment