Friday, January 7, 2022

Wearing Me Down

 


              It seems that Roland has had a cold each year – usually as a way to start off the New Year.  Each cold seems to linger longer than the last.  This year could be different with all the COVID related illnesses going on.  We haven’t been checked.  According to the news the last batch of testing kits may not be providing correct results anyway.  I think it’s just a cold.

          Every time he gets a cold he senses drafts that really aren’t there.  He is always wearing thermals and wrapped in blankets.  I, of course, am hotter than normal.  We are generally in two different rooms so that each of us can experience a temperature that is unlike that of the other. 

          I fortunately do not have his hacking cough – though I have had a dustball type cough on occasion – nothing as proficient as his.  I have started in with a runny nose.  I’ve experienced aches and pains. And even weirder that . . . I haven’t had a period for over eight years now and it seems to be making a comeback.  Are you kidding me?  I’m almost sixty.  Let’s lose this menstrual pain and blood already.  What the hey? Time to make a doctor’s appointment.  Find out what is going on. 

          AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment