Thursday, December 22, 2022

Health and Temperature

               I don’t know how often I had to go to the orthodontist during the (almost) three years that I wore braces.  I was just recently reminded about how painful it felt having my braces tightened. My teeth have been bothering me since Sunday – maybe before. At first I thought it was dental related but have come to realize that it is part of my newest sinus infection.  Bah, humbug!

          It seems to be the most painful once the sun goes down.  I looked up what I might do to ease the pain.  Steam was a suggestion.  I thought it would make the room more hot but knew that it would work as I have felt better during a shower.  Many of my body parts have bad reactions to the cold lately.  NOOOOO!!!! 

I think about friends I’ve made here in Oregon that have moved to warmer climate (I think all of them ended up in Arizona) as the cold had bothered them physically.  I don’t want to move to Arizona.  I already know that it’s too dry. I hate the heat. I suppose I could get used to it.  But not the dry.  Dryness makes it hard to breathe.  I need moisture. 

So that’s my choice?  I can be miserable in the heat and dried out or I can be sore because of the cold?  That sounds very negative.  I need there to be a happy medium.  I need the consistency I thought Oregon temperatures would be.  I am a grouch when I am too hot or sore.  I don’t wish to be a grouch. 

I need to say another prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment