Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Agism - Where Do I Start?


Currently, I am taking a class called “Sociology of Aging”.  I know it will be a good class and look forward to these next three and a half weeks.  The course will end before I know it.

My instructor is quite animated and reminds me of my late sister-in-law except happier.  I enjoyed listening to the lecture yesterday as the happiness in her voice and arm movement (I have only had one other instructor record herself).  I know her teaching methods aren’t going to appeal to everybody, but I enjoy the bonus of hearing joy.

I tried reading the book but was becoming bored with the way it was written and turned to YouTube instead and found some informative videos on the subjects and some that came across even more boring than the reading.

I have also volunteered to test market a hotspot device through the school so they can monitor how much time I spend on research and study.  Only they won’t be getting an accurate reading.  My internet, WiFi, hotspot, whatever cuts out on me every day.  Every Day!  I spend more time going from one device to another or not being on the internet at all.  I’ll start assignments or posts (such as this one) on one device and post it on another.              Grrr . . .

          So now that I’ve finished this post, perhaps I should start on my assignment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment