Monday, February 1, 2021

Roland's 3rd Kindle

           A few years ago a friend of mine had given me her old kindle.  She said she wanted me to have it so that I could read or play games.  I brought it home and had Roland look at it and create an account for me.  He did so using his Amazon account.  Whenever I turned the kindle on it greeted me as Roland's kindle

Roland's kindle (though it's not)

 I wasn’t much for reading electronically, but did enjoy the games.  I mostly played word games. After a while I had played the games and turned to daily puzzles which I would download before I left the house.  That way I could play them while I was on my lunch break. 

          After a while the kindle decided to spaz on me and would claim it would recharge but then it give me the kindlefire sign and I couldn’t get past it.  I did nothing with it for a few weeks and Roland decided to restore the kindle – though I don’t know how – unless he could do it through his computer?

          I reloaded games, tried some new ones, and started from scratch.  Though it was the same kindle that I had used before, it greeted me with being Roland’s second kindle.  I continued to download daily puzzles before I left the house.  Even during the pandemic when I knew I wouldn’t be going anywhere.  I wanted to continue being in the habit so that when the pandemic finally came to an end ( I didn’t think we would still be struggling like we are after just one year that has felt more like 10)

          Just before Christmas Roland purchased a new kindle which he believed would be bigger, weigh less, and wouldn’t have to be charged as often.  He succeeded with the latter two but the new kindle that he got me for Christmas was a kindle paper white to read books and not play games.  I didn’t think it was a very good fit until just last month.  There are still several books that I would like to purchase as they really don’t cut it on kindle – nor can I mark them the way I would like or reference them in a way that I can with a tangible book.  But I do find I am enjoying being able to read and return without having to worry about shelf room that doesn’t exist in my house but does in the cloud.

 

Roland's 3rd kindle (but not really)

          My new kindle greets me as Roland’s third kindle – even though I have been the sole user of both kindles and I have read a lot more.  I continue to use both kindles – one as a book and one for playing games.

No comments:

Post a Comment