Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Saying Good-bye

             I have been able leave the house a bit earlier in order to pick up Jenna from seminary.  I think there is a combination of morning light and glow from the snow in the hills.  I feel so fortunate that I was able to pick her up while the sky wasn’t showering us with moisture.  It did start raining pretty hard once we got out of Myrtle Creek and started our journey into Tri-City. 

            Roland and I had watched 60 minutes on Sunday.  The first story focused on the changes brought to us by the cornavirus and how “normal” is a thing of the past as many have lost loved ones and were unable to send off with a proper closure – especially in the beginning of the pandemic.  Millions of Americans have crossed to the other side and funerals seemed null or sparsely attended out of caution and often regulation.  It’s sad.

            My brother Corey has been in a slump and added these words from a song called the veil.  I have tried listening but cannot seem to locate through YouTube but he posted these words to his facebook wall:

 

Are you up there

Looking down here?

Can you see me

Looking for you?

Can you hear me

When I call you?

Do you soothe me

When I cry?

Do you hover

In the darkness

When I'm aching

Before morning,

Just to cradle

Me a little

And to get me

Through the night?

I never believed

In something so strange.

Sometimes I swear I hear

You calling my name.

If you're out there

And can hear me,

Perhaps we can do it this way.

I'm open

To anything

If this is the way it must stay.

We could travel

Forever

With the clouds and the stars in between.

If only I knew

You really were there,

I'd make it through all the time I've left here,

I'd learn how to walk

And to blaze a new trail

With me over here

And you beyond the veil.

Are you settled

In your new place?

Have you worked out

Your arrangements?

Is it like the

Things I've heard of,

Full of beauty

And serene?

We never did talk

Of these things when we meant to,

Never planned it would turn out this way.

If you're out there

And can see me,

Perhaps we can meet in between.

Leave a message,

I will find it.

I'll look when awake and in dreams.

And we'll travel

Forever

And ever like nothing has changed.

For when I know

You're really there,

I'll make it through all the time I've left here.

Just give me the secret

To blaze this new trail

With me over here

And you beyond the veil.

Me over here

And you beyond the veil.

No comments:

Post a Comment