Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Day 2: RUSHing Headache

I believe we went to Rush Funplex directly after eating at IHOP.  Ally was so excited. I rode with her and Biff and had Claire ride with Richard and Jaime just in case we separated.  Tony was pretty much on his own. Three kids in car seats. 

When Ally saw me in the front she asked if I would ride with them.  She said she was glad I was with them because she likes me. Biff zigzagged his way to the fun center where eight of us had never been.  I dont know how many pictures Jai had taken.  I know I took a couple with her phone, but not on my own.  This is pretty much how Rush made me feel:

NOT taken at Rush but shows same trippiness feel

And thats only the visual.  I think it was the loud noise that contributed most to my headache.  I was already disoriented.  Each time we passed a sign or anything indicating the BYU logo I would think, That is the same sign as BYU.  Wow.  Didnt think I would ever see that in Oregon . . . oh, Im not in Oregon.

Same with Seagull Books.  It took me longer to process information than usual. It was as though my mind and body had separated.  For the most part I didnt even know where I was. RUSH just made it worse.  Jai and I left for a bit to go out to the car for a breather.  We ran lines from a scene and returned. 

When I learned that Rochelle had taken the youngest to the car I returned to the parking lot to visit with her.  Rochelle felt just as tripped as I was.  She is the one daughter-in-law with whom I share the most in common with.

We then took the gang out to Famous Daves for dinner.  All four of the grandchildren ordered mac and cheese and Jaime ordered from the childrens menu also.  The rest of us had our food served to us in a garbage can lid.  We all enjoyed samples of ribs, pulled pork, chicken, potato wedges, coleslaw, muffins, corn on the cob and baked beans.   

For more info about Rush, see here

No comments:

Post a Comment