Friday, March 4, 2022

Where Can I Turn for Peace?

          We have been trying to find a dog sitter to care for Bonnie at the end of this month.  Roland has been wanting to see the boys and had planned to do so by himself but Jai (aka Jenna) has spring break coming up and so thought we could all go.  But that would only give us a week.  Perhaps it would be better for Roland to go by himself?

         Taking Bonnie for walks lately has been quite bothersome on my part.  I do not have Jennas strength.  Shes broken from her leash/collar four times now the last two were very hurtful.  I sliced my middle finger on my left hand when she tore out of her collar to bark at the dogs on the corner.  And then on Valentines Day my right thumb got damaged when she tore loose (this time in a harness) and chased a dog into somebodys house.  Needless to say the tenant was NOT happy and I dont blame her.  The middle finger has healed but my thumb is still sore.

         Roland had suggested some ward members who have two larger dogs.  I told him I didnt think it would work.  He called them anyway.  I walked Bonnie over and was correct about Rolands suggestion is NOT going to work.  They happen to live next door to the house where Bonnie had gone inside.  Currently they have furniture all over their lawn and it is now raining spoiling what appeared to be nice furniture.  I think there is a domestic dispute and not just with them.  Bonnie and I walked by at least three houses with obvious problems.

         Just as we arrived at the ward members yard, Bonnie took a dump while a brave cat approached her, but then the cat stiffened and hissed when Bonnie was done and took off. With the fence between the members dog and Bonnie, they were both tearing into each other. I still had hold of Bonnies leash when another cat approached and jumped Bonnie. Bonnie bit the cat.  She appeared to have feathers in her mouth, but it could have been fur.  It had come from the tenants yard.

         Okay.  I wasnt about to cross by her yard again.  We went the long way home.  Now there are two circles to our west.  The outside circle overall seems full of unkempt yards whereas the inner circle for the most part has quite attractive yards that have been tended to.  We completed the outer circle and moved to the inner circle.  Five houses before we would cross the street and head towards home, we spotted a couple walking their dog.  I quickly turned Bonnie around and retraced the inner circle and returned home the alternate way.  I was quite worn out. 

         I was upset about Bonnie who really is a sweet dog with people but does not play nice with other animals.  I was also concerned with the houses I had passed in which a woman was crying at one, unnecessary language and raised voices at two more.  My emotions were Id like to help but I cannot let go of Bonnie equal to I dont wish to get involved which is sad because it certainly is not what Christ would have done. 

         The more I walked the louder I hummed Where Can I Turn for Peace?  I really need to memorize the words.  I dont know why I havent.

No comments:

Post a Comment