Monday, April 4, 2022

Day 8: Las Vegas

 We left St. George on Friday morning.  Kevin, of course, wanted us to stay for the duration, but as we were only two hours out of Las Vegas I wanted to visit my brother Steven (who was not able to make it to Su Casa with my other two sibs).  Jai pointed to the sign that welcomed us to Arizona.  It’s funny how there is a piece of I15 that connects Mesquite, Nevada to St. George – but there is no off ramp in Arizona.


It was wise that we had left when we did as there were pockets of road construction in Nevada. Our two hour drive turned into three and a half.
  We did not go to the strip but to North Las Vegas to unload our car. We had a three hour window before Steven had to leave for work.

After everything was unloaded we headed for M&M world.  The traffic in Las Vegas is horrendous.  If I lived there I would be taking public transportation – which I’m certain would take three times longer.  Not all drivers are insane, but there were enough of them to make it seem like all of them were.  Oh, my word!

We found parking and walked to the Coca-Cola building, purchased souvenirs and moved on to  M&M world. 



After we had made our purchase we headed for the Omega Mart where Steven works for Meow Wolf.  Jai thought it was enjoyable to find different paths that led from the market to the cycadelic art rooms.  Steven said Fridays were not as busy as Saturdays.  Busier than before the mask mandate was lifted – at least I would imagine.  Jai got some good pictures.  The internet has some funky pics also.  Check out these sites:

 https://news3lv.com/news/local/art-installation-omega-mart-opens-area-15-las-vegas

https://www.wheretraveler.com/las-vegas/play/exploring-las-vegas-newest-attraction-meow-wolfs-omega-mart

https://tickets.meowwolf.com/las-vegas/

https://meowwolf.com/articles/5-things-you-must-know-about-omega-mart



This was Jai's favorite entrance 


Both Richard and I were so tired after we returned to the house.  He went to bed and I tried staying up while Jai and Isaiah talked.  After a while I just couldn’t seem to hold my eyelids up anymore.  I excused myself.  I have no idea how long they talked.  The next morning I learned that Isaiah had given Jaime several gifts.  I saw her pick out the blue-faced purse the following morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment