Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Day 9: Leaving Nevada and Thank You Aaron!

 We spent the night in the home of Steven and Isaiah.  We asked if we could take them to breakfast before we left – though neither are early risers.  Some birthday present Steven had at our waking them.  We did try to hold out, but Richard wanted to load the car back up before it got too warm.  Jai, Richard and I played a few round of spades before he finally called Steven on the cell phone.  He was a lot more thoughtful than I asking to deactivate the security alarm.  I would have set it off without thinking about it.  My mom got an alarm after Richard and I were married and so they haven’t been a common part of my life that I automatically think about it. 

We took Steven to IHOP but said Isaiah would not be joining us as he didn’t feel well.  But he did join up with us as we were waiting for a table, but left again before we got the check.  He had made plans for Steven’s birthday which I would have liked to celebrate but Richard wanted to get back on the road and so we did not even have the birthday cake that Isaiah had mentioned. 

There were a number of small areas that we had passed through – none of which I had heard of before.  Jai took some pictures along the way and looked up some of the places on her phone and read what information she could find.

 













We ended up checking into a Quality Inn in Weed, California.  Aaron had already worked a shift that day but was called in to replace another worker whose car had left her stranded somewhere.  Both Jaime and I liked how helpful Aaron appeared to be.  He said we could leave our luggage strapped to the car as the hotel has security and he would be watching the lot.  We were less than four hours outside of Myrtle Creek, but Richard really needed the rest.  I think he tried too hard to make it home in the 15 hour drive.  In my opinion we should have spent more time with Steven.

No comments:

Post a Comment