Monday, June 6, 2022

Photo Solitaire picture 171

         I don’t know how old my kindle is.  I am certain a relic according to Kindle standards.  A while back I would not be able to finish playing games as they would freeze up until I finally deleted them because really . . . what was the point of having a game take up space if I wasn’t able to play it?  It’s not as if I was all full up and lacking for space.  Turns out the games I’m playing are also relics – thought it is hard to label them as such because I feel that I am at least 4-6 times older than they are and I don’t consider myself a relic.

        Anyway there was a while there in which I had only six games to play and was getting bored as only three were word related.  The last couple of months have given me other game options – recycled games.  I know they are recycled as I continue receiving messages that this game will expire at the end of October (or some other month) – 2016.  Um . . . 2016 was a while ago.  "What are you talking ‘bout Willis?"

        One of the games I had added is called Photo Solitaire.  

Normally I don’t go for the photos as I rarely see all that the creator had – or the same thing with four different names (curtains, drapes, lace, fabric) and am horrible at figuring out the adjectives or verbs that aren’t as apparent.  I thought Photo Solitaire might be easier than the other picture puzzles as it offered a Mahjong twist. Each Mahjong game that I have played have dimensional pieces that have to removed from either left or right ends but not anywhere – unless the tiles are piled higher than those next to it.  But with Photo Solitaire any letter that is visible can be part of the word no matter its placement. 

        I must confess that I don’t always see everything on the list – especially the last few that I’ve looked at.  Fortunately there are cheats for some of puzzles that I have installed - Photo Solitaire being one of them.  First off the following photograph looked like a double exposure.  

I was able to punch in the words: “hands”, “prayer”, “board”, “flames” and “light”, but I was missing a few.  It didn’t dawn on me that “faith”, “hope” and “religion” were also words that I should have found – and did once I looked them up. 

        I’m grateful that Kindle has brought some of these to life again.  I have enjoyed many of the games I have downloaded.  Thank you Kindle and to all of those who create games for the devises offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment