Saturday, January 27, 2024

Missing Tooth

                Before I went on my mission my dentist suggested that we remove my wisdom teeth.  They weren’t bothering me and I opted to keep them.  I mean they must be there for a reason, right?    There was a while there when I would bite my cheeks – but it didn’t last and the pain was never severe enough for me to make an appointment. 

               I believe it was 2017 when part of my top right wisdom tooth broke.  I had it repaired – three times by the same doctor!  So when it broke again in September (I think) I thought “bag it” – I’ll just live with it – although it was beginning to annoy me also.  But I haven’t ever done anything about it. 

               On December 20th I made an appointment with the medical doctor for a sinus infection. I was hoping for a Z-pack as it normally does the trick.  But I might as well have taken sugar pills for the amount of good that they did.  And last week I came to another conclusion.  I definitely have an abscessed tooth, and as I was looking up the symptoms realized that perhaps that was the cause of my “sinus infection” as outlined by the Mayo Clinic.  Oh . . .

               So this pain is on the left side of my mouth – opposite my chipped wisdom tooth – but next to the left wisdom tooth.  There was incredible pain last Sunday (or was it the Sunday before) but I haven’t felt that severe of pain since. I’ve been using a salt rinse after breakfast – except I forgot to yesterday and this morning.  But have done it today – just later than normal.  Meanwhile the right wisdom tooth is practically gone.





               Of course I can’t see it or even a reflection of it, but it feels like what a baby’s new tooth coming in would look like.  It isn’t painful and I don’t predict that food will get caught in the crevasse anymore (as there is no crevasse) but I am puzzled as to when I lost it.  Had to have been  either last night or this morning at breakfast.  It is weird to think about how it just seemed to have vanished.  I wonder if it will be a further problem though.

               I have three dentist appointments lined up for March and April.  I suppose I can ask about it as long as they are in my mouth anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment