Friday, June 21, 2024

Another June Passing

            One of my uncle’s funeral is tomorrow.  He passed away on the 12th. It is in Utah, thus I won’t be attending.  I feel bad that I am unable to attend as I look back on the year that we had moved to Oregon.

          I had another uncle pass away on the 6th of June.  He had been battling cancer off and on and finally decided to throw in the towel. My cousin had wanted to have one last Christmas in July party.  She told everybody it was because Richard and I would be moving to Oregon – and who knew when we’d return.  But it was really for her dad – who had passed the week before the scheduled event. 

From what I remember more than half the family would be out of town due to other commitments.  And yet the day of his funeral all of the family returned even though so many had said they’d be out of town that day.  Every family member was represented as I recall.

It didn’t appear that any of my dad’s children would be there tomorrow.  But I do have one brother who made arrangements to catch an earlier flight in order to be there.  For that I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment