Thursday, June 20, 2024

Hacked

           Someone hacked the facebook account of a friend of mine.  The person than changed her profile to the name of another.  The account that was hacked belonged to a married sister.  The change made was that of a male with profile pic and location created.  That is far as I got.  I didn’t know him but the friend section said that we had two friends in common.  Before taking the opportunity to inquire of each of them I got the word that the account had been hacked.

In the RS page a guy’s name was coming up on things that she had posted or commented on or liked.  I deleted a lot of it but some of the likes still remain – I don’t know how to change them.  Meanwhile I have blocked him and sent the word out for my friends NOT to accept any friend requests.  I had tried to report the incident to facebook but couldn’t seem to get passed a certain step. 

Why do people do that?  Why go in and mess with someone else’s account?  What is the purpose? 

I do NOT open messages if I don’t know the person – or sometimes when I do and they are messaging me out of the blue.  I hate to be suspicious – but I have reason to be.  Facebook is a form of communication that can reach multiple people.  It’s a tool.  Hopefully a useful tool.  But there’s always a price.  My good faith has turned into judgment and suspicion.

The other day I was in another group page in which an individual made the claim that he loved being in the church and would soon be baptized.  I congratulated him and he came back with a request for me to send him a friend request.  That did not set right with me.  I really didn’t want to be second guessing what I believed was wonderful news into doubt. 

His post has since been removed – which seems to confirm my suspicions.  Why?  Is it a tool of Satan?  I don’t even know how to feel.  Angry? Sad for those individuals who are trying to sabotage and target others?  What is their purpose behind that method of madness?  Why are there some who feel the need to tear others down instead of building up?  Tell us who you really are.

No comments:

Post a Comment