Saturday, July 31, 2021

Deceptive Skies

Looks like I used this same title almost three years ago.  Although in today's case the sky here does not appear to be smoky, but the sun does. It appears to be overcast but it is so hot. 


 Jenna had wanted to go to Winston last night to be with her friends. They had planned to see a band called Cherry Poppin’ Daddies. Jenna didn’t know what kind of music but Richard and I had assumed country – until we saw different members of the band step outside with their instruments. Most seemed to be dressed in dress shirts and slacks. But the singer was dressed in what appeared to be gym shorts and a tank tee. But with all the dancing and moving around he was doing I could totally understand. 


 I wasn’t even moving and I was drenched in my own sweat. Oh, why did I change into clean clothes that I had just washed and put away and will now have to wash again. There was one woman dancing “like nobody’s watching”. I thought it was great. She had an enthusatic charm in her posture as she moved to the rhythms or jazz. 


 I, too, enjoyed their music. It was fun. Didn’t feel like a kind of music that my daughter’s teenage friends would be into. But what do I know? Thank you those at Riverbend Park and for to the band. Beautiful sunsets. Not as pretty in the photos as it was in real life.







No comments:

Post a Comment