Wednesday, July 7, 2021

It Isn’t Over

           President Joe Biden announced that the pandemic is not over as COVID still lingers.  People seem to become reckless in the summer as it is – having felt cooped up. 

On July First the Church sent out an announcement that the temples would be moving to phase 3.

 


On July 2, they retracted their announcement.

 


It reminded me of the seen in Monsters Inc.  when Randall finally moves up to the coveted number one position and Celia announces:  “We have a new winner”

No sooner does she say that when Mike Wazowski continues to grab cans to catch the screams caused by James P. Sullivan who exits the door and announces “Slumber party”

We then hear Celia’s voice retract: “Nevermind”

 


Jenna thinks I sound like a killjoy.  I don’t mean to be pessimistic.  Sometimes reality isn’t glamorous.  Often there is pain.  I think it would be absolutely magnificent if I were wrong about this.  But I don’t think it’s over.  The terror ride has not come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment