Tuesday, December 12, 2023

No More Spontaneous Jaunts to Utah

 I wish I had planned better and just taken two weeks after Thanksgiving and then returned.  Three weeks may have been too long on my immune system.  Ryan says I was a tremendous help.  I'm grateful that he thinks that.  I did not feel as productive as I was hoping for. I suppose I did do at least one productive thing each week I was there. 

The day after I had arrived one of my granddaughters had expressed having missed me while she was at school.

Ryan and Chelsey's youngest was born two days after I arrived. Chelsey had already made arrangements with one of her brothers to take the kids while they were at the hospital.  They did return to take the girls to the school on Monday.  Because I was there the aunt was free to drive each girl without having to load up the car with everybody else (as she has three of her own). 

Once they brought the baby home the kids were much more interested in their baby sister than they were in spending any quality time with grandma.

I did spend a few hours with the two sibs I have living in Utah.  I spent Thanksgiving with Ryan's family and three of her brothers and their families.  It was interesting.




No comments:

Post a Comment