Wednesday, April 17, 2024

20 things number 5

 

In the 20 Things From The 1960s, Kids Today Will Never Understand! YouTube video there was mention of a record player and the speeds features for various record players.  I remember the different speeds mentioned and the record sizes.  I also remember a 16 speed (not mentioned) but never saw a record for that speed.  I barely remember the 78,

33 and 78 records had holes in the middle to fit over the piece in the middle of the turn table. But the 45 speed or singles had a larger hole which required an adapter.   I remember having red plastic circles but did not use myself as someone had brilliantly invented an entire tube to fit over the stem and so the hold would fit in place over the tube.

 


I had created this post in 2015 and thought there was another that gave indication to my first phonograph and stereo.  Must have been a page I had created for a memory scrapbook. Perhaps an entry for another post?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment