Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Dash #632


Would you rather give a talk in church or bungee jump?


            I don't know if I have ever had the desire to go bungee jumping.  I remember when my brother, Patrick, did it.  I can't remember if I thought I would like to do it also.  Probably not.

            I remember when Patrick made the jump, he did it backwards. He said it was easier if he wasn't watching himself fall.  Even if I did have the desire to do it then, I definitely don't right now.  I doubt I'd be relaxed and would probably break my neck when the rubber band yanked me back to where I had fallen from

            I think it's funny that the above question compares the thrill of bungee jumping to giving talks in church.  Some people find that both are terrifying.  I rather enjoy giving talks and don't seem to have opportunity for doing it much in sacrament meeting.  I do get to speak at RS activities sometimes.  Last night I delivered a the parable of the talents with a modern twist with Gabrielle, Amy and Stephanie (see here).

            In answer to the above question:  give a talk, most definitely.

No comments:

Post a Comment