Sunday, January 20, 2019

My Baby Girl



                I can remember my mom taking pictures - many pictures.  She wasn't much of a photographer.  But she did her best to preserve memories by taking photos. 

Patrick, my cousin Michelle, me and my cousin, Ross

Corey with Grandpa Ralph

many of mom's photos make it seem
like the background was her focus

The painting (or at least parts of it) above
has made it to several photographs


brother Patrick, me, Corey's head, Great Grandma, dad
 behind her, great aunt who recently past holding Kayla

Kayla and Corey at Butchart Gardens, Victoria, Canada.
We do not know the people in the background.

I must have picked that up from her and added to it - so I would take pictures of material things as well as people. 


Patrick with his oldest two Ellen and Kimball

I love this picture of Biff reading to Jenna


when Jenna was in 6th grade

Roland at Umpqua River

Riddle Library

graham cracker houses




                After a while my mom no longer took mounds of pictures.  She relied upon me to take the photos - which I did.  Neither of us had ever attempted taking selfies.

Kayla, Anna and my mom
Christmas in July 2009

                When we first got to Oregon, I took hundreds of photos. 





Over the years they have all seemed to blend together.









                 Both Jenna and I had taken pictures to enter into a contest here in town.  The winning photo would be made into a postcard.

I took this one - the boy found a rock we had
left on the trail.  I thought he was cute about
finding his "treasure"

This is the one I selected of the many that Jenna had taken
                Neither of our photos won, but I was later contacted for permission to use in the Myrtle Creek calendar.  Jenna brought home a brochure last night.  The brochure gives a calendar outline of community activities.  On the cover is the picture that she took.  I am so proud!



                Now it's Jenna's turn to hold the camera and take millions of photos - including selfies












and my turn to sit back and let her. 




                 

No comments:

Post a Comment