Monday, March 11, 2019

Dash #622 Knock Knock Jokes


Knock-knock jokes are question-and-answer jokes, playing off of words typically ending with a pun.  For example:

person 1:         Knock-knock

person 2:         Who's there?

person 1:         banana

person 2:         banana who?

person 1:         Knock-knock

person 2:         Who's there?

person 1:         banana

person 2:         banana who?

person 1:         Knock-knock

person 2:         Who's there?

person 1:         banana

person 2:         banana who?

person 1:         Knock-knock

person 2:         Who's there?

person 1:         orange

person 2:         orange who?

person 1:         orange you glad I didn't say banana?

the word "orange" is a "play on words" for "aren't"

There is a reason I have chosen this particular joke as an example - I just didn't know if I should include it before or at the end of my post.  It was Jenna's first joke - well sort of.

I had just returned home to find her in her room perhaps just a few months before she turned three.

"Hi, Sweetie," I said.

"Knock-knock" she said.

I played along, "Who's there?"

She was silent for a minute and then continued.

"Knock-knock" she said again.

Once again, I played along, "Who's there?"

This went on for about five or six rounds.  I stopped playing along.

Finally, she looks up at me and says, "Banana" and I started laughing. I had no idea that she was telling her first knock-knock joke until that very moment.  She just looked at me like, "I just don't get why that is supposed to be funny".  I thought it was funny because she had told it incorrectly, but also proud of her accomplishment that she had attempted to tell me a joke.

I made this page for her scrapbook: 




Daylight Savings Time is a HORRIBLE joke.

No comments:

Post a Comment