Saturday, March 9, 2019

Pioneer Cemetery

Right next to Penny Pinchers Gas Station is
the road that leads to Pioneer Cemetery. 
UP to Pioneer Cemetery
It goes UP and just one lane.
One lane going up and
houses on the way.
Are you kidding me?
Which of the lucky drivers
gets to back up if
there are two that meet?



We didn't know how steep the
road was nor how small the
cemetery is or that it is
fenced in. Roland said he
had been curious and so we
went to see it right after we
got gas. Neither of us had
our cell phones - nor had
I thought to bring a camera

photo by Steve Mattos

We were just going to the store
to return some items and hit
Penny Pinchers on the way.
The cemetery was interesting I
guess.  But it was a one time trip
I'm certainly not going to drive there
No, sir-ee, Bob!
I'm not driving UP UP UP and risk
falling to my death.



Most of the markers did not have
any kind of identification to
indicate who might be buried
beneath.  They all had leaves
on them.  The fancier ones
provided some information
perhaps even the ones in the
very back.  It was hard to tell
as they had blackened over
the centuries.  It's a very old
cemetery.




No comments:

Post a Comment