Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Dash TV#3 States I've been to: A-C



What States Have You Visited?


Of the fifty states it looks like I’ve been to (or through) almost half.  Some I have already posted about.  Most haven’t been mentioned.  So here goes (alphabetically speaking)

Alaska        I had gone on a cruise with my mom and grandma.  I created six posts starting with this one.

Arizona     My first encounter with the state was Grand Canyon which I had gone to first with my immediately family and later on (several years later; I believe Corey was either on his mission or going to school) all of the girls had gone to the North Rim.  It hadn’t even been our destination.  Mom wanted to take Grandma Mary somewhere and that is where we ended up.


North Rim Grand Canyon about 1995

I have also been to Phoenix, Mesa, Flagstaff and Tucson (to name a few).  I had taken Corey to Phoenix with me when one of my former missionary companions got married in Paradise Valley.  After my dad had passed away, we spent our first Thanksgiving without him driving to Mesa and spending the holidays with Sunny’s family.

Roland has a sister living in Tucson and so I have been to Tucson at least three times to visit with his family.  One place I enjoyed going was Old Tucson that gets used as a production set for several westerns.





California  cities I visited included Anaheim (Disneyland) Hollywood, Los Angelos and whatever cities we drove through to get from Anaheim to San Francisco, Burbank, San Bernadine – though I was really too young to remember the last two mentioned.

my mom, me, dad holding Patrick, Grandma Mary

          I’d gone to Disneyland with my immediate family several times.  Sometimes we would include Universal or Knott’s Berry Farm in our agenda. Jenna has been to Disneyland two times.  Once when she was two and in this post.


Corey at Knott's Berry Farm

Most of the time I had gone to San Francisco I had gone with my family to see my maternal grandmother and the only grandpa I can remember.  But I had also gone to San Francisco twice without my family.  There was a year I had gone with the drama club to Berkley for a competition.  We toured San Francisco in addition. My grandma and a friend of hers had come to the hotel to pick me up and take me out for dinner.  They arrived in a Volkswagen Bug but the way some of my classmates were looking at me getting into the car, you would have thought I was getting into a limo.

The last time I went to San Francisco was two weeks before I met Roland.  Mom and I had gone to clean out grandma’s apartment.  My brother, Corey, did such a fantastic job comparing then and now pictures in this post.
  
Mom and I had also made several road trips traveling from Midvale, Utah to Bakersville, California where Corey had landed a job at a melodrama theatre.  I enjoyed going on the road trips and I enjoyed watching the performances.


Baker, California

Colorado   The first time I remember going to Colorado was to visit my cousins who had moved to Denver temporarily.  We took Grandma Helen and we rode the train.  We went to a Buffalo Bill memorial and the Coors Beer Company.  We also crashed a birthday party that my cousins had been invited to. 

Coor's parking lot


No comments:

Post a Comment