Thursday, December 3, 2020

Transformational Landscapes

I have shared these two paintings before and although they look nothing alike I can always see the above in the dark even though I’m really looking at the one below

The top one hung in my mother’s home for as long as I can remember.  When I was younger  I had marred my mother’s picture when I took a pencil to it and scribbled in the water. 

 Corey had done a research about the painting which he mentions in this post.

If I had claimed the painting as my own, it would have been for sentimental reasons and nothing more.  I never disliked the painting, but it wasn’t my favorite and overtime I had become bored with it over the years and yet there was a comfortable familiararity about me that I really have missed the last seven or eight years.

Roland had purchased the seascape and fog one just over three years ago.  It hung above our bed for just over a year until after we purchased a bed frame.  Now it hangs to the side and I will often see shadows cast over the painting but instead of seeing the misty shore and sea I will see the painting that was in my mom’s house.  Isn’t that weird? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment