Sunday, May 30, 2021

Let's Talk About My Birthday

          For my facebook page I had attached two scrapbook pages. My celebration started the evening before - unbeknownst to our friends whose home we had gone to.  We played three games.  Two of Smart A** - amazingly I did not land on any donkeys the entire first game (except for the one with the bullseye to declare the winner) and won the game.  I did get stuck in the second game and Jenna won that one.  We had fun.

          Our friends then taught us a new game from their collection – one I had played before but had not enjoyed the first time.  It was more fun the night of the 27th.  I declared myself a winner in my mind from having completed my original journey first.  Jenna also declared herself a winner as she was the first to complete all of her cards.  I was right behind her.  The winner is actually declared through points total – which requires counting and math.  It took just as long to count points as it did to play the game – or at least it felt like it.  If I was in charge we would not be counting points.  Yuch!  But I did come in second.

   Jenna had been looking forward to various event all week long and would continually ask, “are you excited about . . .”


 On Friday morning I opened the gifts that she had placed in a box that she had decorated.  I think I opened the Disney figures first;  we will be using as game pieces in the future. I then opened the book which Jenna said would be from Roland and then the CD would be from her.  The CD was not a total surprise as I had mentioned it to them.  The other three were surprises.  I love Dr. Seuss and was happy to receive and happy that Jenna read it to me.

On Friday we went to Roseburg to get something to eat on the way to the movie theater as "Cruella" was released on my birthday and so had to make it a part of my celebration. 

Yesterday we had gone to Roseburg to pick up a rental as my youngest son and his family would be arriving today. I went to church by myself.  I’m glad that I did for sacrament meeting was really awesome.  That will be a separate post along with more about family history, my stupid laptop and a trip to Riddle to borrow a playpen and introduce Bonnie to some other dogs to see how she would react with them.  Probably won't be posting until my son and family return to the airport and we have said our good-byes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment