Monday, May 3, 2021

Memories of Mom

            I remember looking out the window to see more than average cars on our street and in our neighbor’s driveway.  I hadn’t paid any attention to the license plates to see how many were from another state. Something must have happened.  When Jenna pointed out the mass yard sale set up I was reminded of when we had a massive yard sale at mom’s house.  Everything had to go. 

            I feel bad about never having gotten to know the neighbors or even know how many lived there.  We had learned the name of the person I had just assumed was a daughter living with her elderly parents.  Turns out she was the hired help to assist the home owner who had health issues.  She is gone now.  It was expected.  Her children seem to work well together and have some matters organized.

            I took a picture of only a small fraction of the salt and pepper shakers that had been put out.  

Another reminder of mom – not that she necessarily collected them but did have quite a few for we would make a purchase for them each time we were on vacation during her birthday – which happened often.

            We did not purchase as much from the yellow house (now a ghastly pink color) just over 3 and a half years ago (here) I think it was more crowded – at least on Friday it was.  Saturday offered cooler weather and new merchandise.  We were too worn out to go.  At least I was.  I am so tired of being tired all the time!

I wish the family well. I will miss the association with the one we did get to know as she will be moving on to another position.  God bless her and all the health care workers.  Hope the house sells to some good neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment