Monday, September 21, 2020

Deaf in One Ear

 

          I don’t guess I’ve ever had the greatest hearing.  I have always been loud.  Perhaps it was a form of compensation: I needed to talk loud in order to hear myself.  I’ve also experienced episodes of dizziness at different stages in my lifetime – most of that within the last ten years or so.  I knew they were related but didn’t know to what extreme.  It has mostly been during allergy season or when the inversion lies heavy in the air.  I have been building up fluids behind my right eardrum and have slowly been losing my hearing in that ear.  

https://www.drugs.com/cg/otitis-externa.html

          I should probably call an ENT to have the fluid removed.  Again, it doesn’t hurt, but I do find it annoying.  Meanwhile Roland has ordered some hearing aids for me and I think they will help.  Not only will my hearing become better but I believe my distorted mind may be restored and I won’t feel like such an airhead all of the time.  



No comments:

Post a Comment