Thursday, September 3, 2020

Those Yellow Jackets Were Not Social Distancing

             After Jenna got stung Roland told me to call an exterminator.  Normally when I Google something (such as pest control) I skip their first suggestion and move on.  Evidently Roland goes with Google’s first suggestion and had me call an overly expensive pesticide which uses a contracting system – only we did not know that until 10:30 yesterday morning.

The agent was nice and obviously honest.  Each of us believed the Yellow Jackets were just a one time thing as we have lived in this house for more than four years and have never had a problem with Yellow Jackets – even during the time our deck was being built.

So I called another company and an exterminator was sent out that afternoon.  He first approached us without protection but realizing how close the nest was to the driveway quickly changed into his protective gear.  Roland bravely watched him from the deck.  Not me.  The pictures are not the best as I stood behind the protective glass.

 






I saw the yellow jackets stir after the exterminator had upset them.  Serves you right, you little varmints.  We never did anything to indicate that you are/were welcome in our yard.  Apparently the nest was buried further into the ground or plants than was at first believed and the man was able to remove only about half of it.  He returned without his suit to spray some more.  Brave soul.  But I could see the suit he had on had been extremely hot.  We were told there should be no problem after today. 

 


Good riddens you creeps!  You are not welcome on this planet!  Stay away!



No comments:

Post a Comment