Saturday, November 14, 2020

Cold, Wet, and Two Week Order

 

Yesterday was cold and wet

Bonnie does not like the moisture

as it falls from the sky. 

She spent most of the day sleeping

except for when we took her to the vets. 

 

The governor has issued another

Stay at home order. 

It starts on Wednesday and will go

until December second.

Restaurants and bars or for takeout or delivery only

Which, in my opinion, is how it should have been all along.

 

Currently barbers, hair salons, and outdoor recreation are allowed

along with youth programs, childcare, K-12 schools?????

Really?  Were going to eliminate social gathering activity to 6 people and church maximum at 25 people but it is okay to have contact sports and hold schools with hundreds of children.  What????

I don't see hair salons and barbers as an essential.

Jenna and I haven't had our hair cut since January.  

Roland asked me to cut his.

My hair hasn't necessarily grown longer - but definitely thicker 

and Jenna looks like a wild woman with all her thick hair.

 

Do not spend Thanksgiving with extended family

but it is highly probable that some people will. 

Enough people to expose their kids

who will return to the schools and spread the disease. 

And then we will have to shut everything down . . . again.

When will this nation learn? 

 

Its wet and cold outside. 

Im staying home not only to stay safe

but also to keep warm.

2 comments:

  1. Our governor said that for the most part, in person learning for school students is more beneficial.
    It works for some but for many, students aren't getting much done and aren't doing as well as far as distance learning goes. When we had parent teacher conference,the fifth grade teachers had a flyer for the distance learners encouraging them to go in person for the next quarter. Ana's teacher said that the flyer didn't apply to her so much because I'm one of the few parents who will actually set down and help them with assignments. The school that Ana and Gary are learning from is a title 1 school which is considered a school with many families who have low income. Some of the children who attend live in poverty and rely on the school for food. The school JD learns from is a title 2 and supposedly don't have as many in number who live in poverty in their boundaries. I think and feel that is why they keep children doing in person learning by choice because for the most part,there is more success for them. I haven't enjoyed distance learning all that much. It's been a challenge.I especially don't enjoy 5th grade math. In order to get Ana to understand it, I have to understand it myself. I am definitely not smarter than 5th grader. That has been a struggle.
    I did find it interesting that Ana and Gary's school gave the distant learners a choice as to rather they wanted to do a face to face conference or have it over zoom. I was curious about the new building which is why I chose face to face yet, the school JD goes to did phone call conferences with everyone, even those who attend in person which seemed a little silly to me because there is way less parents and students in at a time during conference than there are students during the day who attend in person.Utah also has a two week order to stay home as much as possible.It will be nice to hear what President Nelson has to say on Friday morning. I may have to watch it later as my children may need my attention during that time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I agree that in-person learning is a better option pre 2020 but I don't think it's a good idea to leave schools open when everything else is closing. Too many students. And even if they are not affected by COVID they can still be carriers. Jenna hates online option. I told her I'd put her back in January if it looks more promising. She says she will tough it out. I am so blessed to have her.

      Delete