Sunday, November 22, 2020

That Was Refreshing!

 


                President Nelson created a video (here) which many have watched and have accepted the challenge. Facebook was flooded with posts of gratitude.  How wonderful that was to read such positiveness on the home page rather than backlashing, politics, the virus, etc.  Many of the posts were written by people from my past some who have not been on facebook for years, some of which I had no idea I was even friends with.  How great it was to connect with gratitude.

        I had started this month posting the 30 days of gratitude creating some new thankful favorites and perhaps duplicating what I had posted last year (here) but will not make a comparison until later on.

        Jenna tried to accept the challenge but may be feeling as grateful as Corrie ten Boom had been for fleas (see here) and had written:

         I wish I could be one of those girls who could hug [her] bear and take a nap and everything will be better but no, Im not that type of a girl and will destroy anything when Im upset GIVE ME SOMETHING TO PUNCH!!! But thats not what the prophet wants.  He wants us to be grateful so Ill mourn on that.

        Im grateful I take online courses I absolutely hate. . . socializing has become super hard but I do enjoy being able to manage my homework and classes at my own speed rather than 8 hours of strai[gh]t 45 minute lectures.

        Im grateful for social media specifically tik tok. Say what you want about the gover[n]ment being after us and that kids spend way too much time making these videos.  Ive made friends on tik tok and it help[ed] kept me s[ane].

        Im grateful fo Bonnie.  Shes not my dog but I always say that she is.  Bonnie is always wagging her tail and is such a sweet dog to be around. . .


         She did include a few more things, but ended up deleting the post.  I am grateful I took a screenshot of it before she took it down.

        She did not add the hash tag #givethanks as so many others have as we were encouraged to do.  I get annoyed with the hashtag.  I never understood why it gets used.

         I hope that my gratitude may show 365 days of the year and not just in November or around the Christmas holiday.  Aside from too much complaining I have been looking for reasons to be grateful during this pandemic.  I am so grateful for many who have come on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment