Thursday, April 15, 2021

Trying a New Method

             I don’t know how many times Roland has cleaned up after the chickens which aren’t even ours.  I don’t mind them in the yard.  I really don’t.  But I do not care for arrogance or assumptions.  We purchased netting for the deer a few years ago and the chickens have gotten entangled in it.  I asked Roland if we could use it to surround the deck.  Last night we went out and he used a staple gun which is holding thus far, but seems like it would be easy to tear.



            Roland decided to repurpose the green wire shelves that were once a part of our cheap greenhouse.  He had stapled those to discourage the chickens from getting under the porch.  Now it just looks more like we are trying to capture them and keep them – which isn’t the case at all. 


            Roland continues to feed them and we do collect the eggs that are deposited (that is if we are aware of where they have been laid.  I don’t know if the neighbors have complained any further as nothing has been done with either the pigs or the chickens.  I know there are less pigs and perhaps there are less chickens.  I don’t know anymore. 

            We’re planning on demolishing the deck and creating a back room.  We just need to find someone who will commit.  Meanwhile I have these lovely photographs to view.








No comments:

Post a Comment